[Qgis-developer] MrSID support in the PyQGIS bindings

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 06:18:38 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Bob English <bobengl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> Thanks very much for your reply.  I guess my questions were unclear in my
> MrSID support in the past.  My current version of Copiapo came with MrSid
> support built in; however, the PyQGIS bindings that came with Copiapo that I
> am using to develop my custom app apparently do not have MrSID support (i.e.
> the GDAL version used for the PyQGIS bindings does not have MrSID support).
> I have two questions:
>
> 1) Do the PyQGIS bindings that come with Wroclaw have MrSID support?
> 2) Is there any way I can add MrSID support to the PyQGIS bindings?

Hi Bob

PyQGIS bindings are always compiled with the same GDAL as the
application itself. Please make sure that you are able to open the
mrsid layers from python console in QGIS. If that is possible and in
your custom PyQGIS-based application you cannot load mrsid layers then
you probably have more GDAL versions installed in your system and
wrong GDAL library is picked up. That could be solved by setting
correct library search path.

Martin