[Qgis-developer] Shields for Labels

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Mon Aug 8 11:46:08 EDT 2011

Hi Tim

Cool, shields for labels are very usefull, both with rectangles or with svg
background (probably in future).
Rectangular shields are also well suited as a (computationally) fast
alternative to font buffers.

I didn't yet look into the details of the code. From first tries of the label-
shield branch, it seems to me the shields currently don't appear nicely in
composer printouts. Probably it needs the consideration of the output device
resolution.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland