[Qgis-developer] slow raster loading

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Aug 9 15:46:45 EDT 2011

Hi Paolo

Does it do that every time you load that layer or only the first time?
Does the filesystem permissions allow writing of gdal .aux.xml files?

My raster stats branch merge changed some behaviours and it is
probably a side effect of that. One of the changes is that gdal gets
full stats when trying to determine the min max of a band. It will
fetch those stats quickly from aux.xml if present of if not its going
to do a full stats gather just for the basic min max stats which is
where you probably experience the slowness. I will see if I can find a
better way to do the basic min/max stats gathering.

Regards

Tim

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> With current master, I get bad performances in loading rasters (a <12Mb takes >5
> sec); when double-clicking it from the QGIS browser, it is far slower (>20 sec). From
> the console:
> Warning: Object::connect: No such signal QgsGdalProvider::statusChanged( QString ) in
> /storage/build/Quantum-GIS/src/core/raster/qgsrasterlayer.cpp:2446
> Any hint?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc