[Qgis-developer] Using the power of GPU/OpenCL

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Aug 12 05:28:23 EDT 2011

Hi,

Now that Martin is including Multithreading Support, I am also wondering if it would be feasible to also profit from the computing power of GPUs and libraries, such as OPENCL. Seems like mobile devices, servers and regular desktops would benefit. Would the Qgis architecture allow the usage of OpenCL?

I am not a dev, but am reading about these new technical options ...

Any thoughts?

Andreas