[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server under Windows

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Aug 19 08:47:46 EDT 2011

Hi Noli

The material on karlinapp is older than that on the wiki. Yes, there was a
MingW compiled version used for teaching, but it is not current state of the
software.
It is better to go the osgeo4w way with visual studio compiler and to follow
the tutorial on the wiki.

Regards,
Marco

Am Freitag, 19. August 2011, 14.09:09 schrieb Noli Sicad:
> > I believe we should be interested in helping small offices/organizations
> > with a
> > Windows server only to introduce the Server and build a QGIS system.
> > Othwerwise, we should remove the Server from Windows builds and clearly
> > state
> > it's designed for Unix family only. The present situation makes an
> > unproffesional impression, that we release something, that maybe works,
> > maybe
> > not...
>
> Where did you get this impression that QGIS (Map) server does not work
> in Windows.
> QGIS (Map) server works in Windows before it works in Linux and Mac OS X.
>
> Have a look at this site (below). It is done in Windows first before
> Ubuntu and Mac OS X.
>
> http://karlinapp.ethz.ch/qgis_wms/configuration/
>
> If you download the QGIS (Map) server manual from the link below. The
> screenshots in manual done are in Windows.
>
> http://karlinapp.ethz.ch/qgis_wms/documentation/index.html
>
> Noli

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland