[Qgis-developer] Mailinglist for QGIS Web-Client

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Aug 26 17:26:54 EDT 2011

Mayeul

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Mayeul Kauffmann
<mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr> wrote:
> Le jeudi 25 août 2011 à 22:39 +0200, Marco Bernasocchi a écrit :
>> What about tagging subjects?
>
> You mean helping the email clients to automatically filter or classify
> emails? If this is easy both for email writers and readers, that would
> be great!

Given that Marco so easily ported QGIS to Android (though it still
doesnt run on my circa 1980's scientific calculator so black mark to
you there Marco), I think he meant 'I will rewrite the internet email
protocol so that if  understands QGIS messages and auto routes
messages to interested users....

But seriously, ...tagging subjects like [WEBCLIENT] Help my blah blah
blah... is what he had in mind I think....though that requires a level
of inolvement in list politics that most of our subscribers may not
possess I am afraid....

Regards

Tim

> Mayeul
>

>> Marco
>> (android mobile)
>>
>> On Aug 25, 2011 8:51 PM, "Mayeul Kauffmann" <mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > Myself I would register right away to such a list! However I believe
>> it
>> > might be good to have a common list for QGIS Web server and QGIS
>> > webclient.
>> > (+) QGIS Web server implements non-standard wms capabilities (like
>> the
>> > print functionality) and QGIS webclient makes use of them
>> > (-) You will loose some readers. There are already many qgis mailing
>> > list. If one discussion starts about the desktop print composer and
>> then
>> > trolls to the server (or start with server and goes to desktop),
>> then
>> > part of the discussion will be on the wrong list.
>> >
>> > My 2 cents.
>> > Mayeul
>> > PS: thanks for the web client!

>> would