[Qgis-developer] Unique value renderer in New Symbology?

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Thu Dec 1 00:24:44 EST 2011

http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Switching_from_Old_to_New_Symbology_and_Labeli
> ng
>
> > Unfortunately it turned out very quickly to a wishlist. I would
> > suggest cleaning all wishes and completing missing functionality.
>

> The two missing functionalities are the ones already cited: the
overall
> transparency slider (for renderers other than the single symbol) and
> the
> chance to apply the same symbol to many different symbology classes in
> one go.

Just to clarify, as you could be interpreted as saying those are the
only two items on the "wishlist" which are missing functionalities,
available in old symbology but not new:

- Those are two more missing functionalities which could be added to the
list.

- There _are_ a number of features already on the list which are true
"missing functionalities" (not wishlist items).  And I'd say some of
them are a lot more important than those two.  For example the two under
"simple markers" are important symbology options which cannot be
controlled at all in new symbology (not just missing features which help
you control a layer's symbology more easily).

Alister