[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] Excel Export from QGIS attribute table

Filipe Silva Dias filipesdias at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 05:34:52 EST 2011

Hello,

I agree that such a tool would be very useful for many people. In my work I
frequently have to collect environmental variables in a GIS and then export
them to Excel/Calc for processing. To be able to this quickly with a few
clicks would save me (and many people) a lot of time and patience.

In ArcGIS this is only possible via the XtoolsPro extension (which is
partly free), which directly exports the attribute table to a Excel
spreadsheet ( http://www.xtoolspro.com/tools.asp#e5 ). I used ArcGIS for
several years and during that time users kept asking ESRI to include the
extension in core, with no success.

This is obviously a detail for QGIS development, but for many end users
like me, it makes a LOT of difference. Sometimes small details like these
play a huge role when it comes to decide to start using a software.

Best regards