[Qgis-developer] Excel Export from QGIS attribute table

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 09:29:49 EST 2011

It has been suggested to support LibreOffice/OpenOffice Calc in
addition to XLS.
How hard would it be to improve the  FreeXL library to support ods ,
or incorporate support for ods into OGR's xls driver?

I might also add that the FreeXL does not (yet?) support the newer XML
SS file format specification (.xlsx, Microsoft Excel 2007 and newer),
which may be a show-stopper?

Etienne