[Qgis-developer] Benchmarking / optimization

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 05:21:13 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Mayeul Kauffmann
<mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> You may try to use http://sourceforge.net/projects/osm2postgresql/
> to test with huge OSM datasets.
> I'm doing this daily on continental extracts (and planning to do this on
> planet.osm soon). (Do NOT try to import full planet.osm with
> osm2postgresql_04.sh, next version will be released soon).
> Rendering when zoomed in a lot is OK, but I would not try to zoom out to
> much!
> Mayeul

I am using some OSM data (osm_administrative in the chart), smaller
areas only for now because I have to repeat each test many time and
work with average to get repeatable results. OSM is very good source
of real data.

I have added PostGIS and SQLite providers and categorized renderer.
Interesting are opposite effects of some commits on PostGIS provider,
e.g. roads_graph-pg-categ x roads_graph-pg-sinsym and also pg x shp,
eg. roads_graph-pg-sinsym x roads_graph-shp-sinsym.

Radim