[Qgis-developer] Re: How to refresh QGIS layer (WFS Plugin)

Pulkit pgoeol at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 00:10:35 EST 2011

Thanks.

Regards,

Pulkit Goel

________________________________
 From: Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch>
To: Pulkit <pgoeol at yahoo.com>; qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
Sent: Tuesday, 13 December 2011 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Re: How to refresh QGIS layer (WFS Plugin)

Hi Pulkit

In master branch, there is now the option of keeping the wfs layers
    in cache (default) or reload the data on each pan/zoom
(https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/20bc41d2a139d80c9795c34c754068a9d14588ae)

Regards,
Marco

On 13.12.2011 08:17, Pulkit wrote:
Hi Marco,

>Thanks for replying.
>
>I'm new to QGIS world so can you explain what do you mean by WFS provider. Do I have to modify the WFS plugin code or is it some sort of configuration which needs to be changed?
>

>Regards,
>
>Pulkit Goel
>

>________________________________

                features after changing the view extent ( but it should
                not be difficult ).

>Regards,
>Marco
>
>On 13.12.2011 05:00, Pulkit wrote:
>Hi,
>>

>>I found a Refresh Menu option in QGIS, but the issue is that it always send WFS request with same view extent (bounding box) as it was in initially. Even after changing the view extent to some other location it never fetches features which were not visible at the time of loading.
>>Should I modify the WFS plugin to correct this behavior or is there any other way to solve this issue.
>>

>>Thanks,
>>
>>Pulkit Goel
>>

>>________________________________

                              to connect my QGIS client to a WFS server.
>>In WFS plugin there is an option to
                              restrict WFS to fetch features within the
                              current view extent. I'm using this
                              functionality and it is working fine, but
                              the problem is that after loading a layer
                              if I want to pan to different area then it
                              won't fetch the data again. So I want to
                              know if there is any option to refresh the
                              layer so that it can fetch the data
                              according to new view extent.

>>Thanks,
>>Pulkit