[Qgis-developer] Georeferencer produces wrong (shifted) result

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:36:36 EST 2011

Giovanni,

2011/12/15 Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com>:
>> But I'm a bit surprised
>> by the little attention that this problem is raising among developers.
>> A correct georeferencing is a critical
>> issue for a GIS. If this bug is confirmed, users should be warned.
>
> probably because if the proper developer (Manuel) cannot replicate the
> issue it is hard to take any action :)
It's not a critique to Manuel, but to the whole community (including
myself). I think
we should take more steps so that qgis is not released with errors
such as this,and if this happens, then users must be
warned in the downloading page (a prominent note with important known bugs).
qgis is good: warning about important errors will make users be more
confident on the package, not less.

> By the way, using your input data I get also the shift (on both Linux
> and Windows).
This is very useful information, thanks.