[Qgis-developer] Quality assurance

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 05:33:09 EST 2011

I guess the next thing to do would be to work out some list of testers,
what they are testing and a checklist that can be used to check against
each build/release.  The wiki would be a good place to list the testers and
the what area is being tested, I'm not sure that the checklist of "it works
or not" would be good in the wiki.

For me, this kind of user testing needs to be reported on a easy to edit
and use system.   I did find a checklist program for redmine[1] which you
could have with a list of things to check off for each release, or you
could use something like Google Docs and have a spreadsheet with columns:
Feature | Version X.x | Current Build | Comments with the rows having
values like: working; broken; N/A etc.

You could then have:

Print Composer

Feature | Version 1.7.3 | Current Build | Comments
Printing | Working        | Broken          | See issue #xxxx for notes
Legend |  Working        | Working        |

Thoughts?

Apparently there are things out there that handle this kind of user testing
but I have found any open source/free ones that look good.

- Nathan

[1]  http://redminecrm.com/projects/checklist/wiki/Wiki?version=5