[Qgis-developer] absolut vs relative paths in qgs files

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Dec 19 06:40:37 EST 2011

I see Giovanni mention the change from absolut vs relative paths in qgs
files: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4665#note-1

We (jef and specially me) are responsible for this during Zurich hackfest...

My argument was 'why would you have absolute paths, that is not
portable'... But in the issue I see that this COULD be handy when using
maybe the qgs-files voor qgis-server? Or at least: apparently users
where counting on this?

So: to recap: should we discuss this (and maybe roll back?). Or are
relative paths just better.... Or will this end up in a war between
absolute vs relative-adepts.

Regards,

Richard