[Qgis-developer] absolut vs relative paths in qgs files

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Mon Dec 19 07:41:24 EST 2011

I certainly cannot talk for everyone but the structure I've seen most of
the time was:

Keep all map data in a separate data folder. Project files are stored in
the project folder, which might have to be moved or renamed. Many projects
use the same base data, which should not be duplicated because files are
huge.

Relative paths are not an option for most of the use cases in such an
environment.

Best wishes,

Anita