[Qgis-developer] Plugin reorganization (again)

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net
Wed Dec 21 05:26:36 EST 2011

Am 21.12.2011 11:11, schrieb Alessandro Pasotti:
[snip]

> Ok, so we need a list of valid category values.
>
> Additionally, there must be a place where the specifications for the
> plugin metadata structure is maintained. AFAIK the most up-to-date
> source of information is the page on github
> https://github.com/qgis/qgis-django/blob/master/qgis-app/plugins/docs/introduction.rst
>
> Are there any other places ?
> Can we keep the informations there or move them to a better place  ?

> * gihub docs
> * the wiki
> * the new plugin web app (on a static page)
>
> Also: the list of valid category values must be added to the specs and
> a pointer must be provided when the user uploads a plugin with the
> wrong/empty category metadata.

Hello!

I do not want to make things more complicated and I am not a developer,
but in future I might write the one or the other plugin and
additionally, there is an old idea of an "Ecological Toolbox" floating
around (http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Ecology_Tools):

If there is a plugin which might be more of a small application by
itself (but not big enough for a standalone app) and therefore does not
fit into the "basic" GIS/technical groups of raster, vector... and needs
several sub-menu items, will it be still be possible to give this plugin
its own menu?

Sticking to the example of this ecological toolbox, I think it would be
the best solution to give it an own menu with submenus:

Ecological Toolbox
- Niche modelling
- Landscape metrics
- ...

and that should still be possible, so for clarification: Will this still
possible?

kind regards,
Albin