[Qgis-developer] Plugin reorganization (again)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Dec 21 06:49:44 EST 2011

On 2011-12-21 11:32, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
>>> Additionally, there must be a place where the specifications for the
>>> plugin metadata structure is maintained. AFAIK the most up-to-date
>>> source of information is the page on github
>>> https://github.com/qgis/qgis-django/blob/master/qgis-app/plugins/docs/introduction.rst

>> All is fine, but keep them with there implementation now, I would think.
>
> Sorry, but having the same information duplicated in several places is
> not fine: it's a mess.

> It's fine for me to keep the master specifications on the wiki, I see
> it is already in sync with the specs on github, right ?

I meant actually: keep your page on github as first source/master
specification, eg the wiki is pointing to there.

Only thing I duplicated was the metadata.txt example (which indeed would
have been updated), but I think that is the 'problem' with all
documentation.

But if you prefer to put it somewhere in the wiki, that is fine too. But
it deserves it's own page, and not being part of the
Writing_Python_Plugins page... (but we will have a partial copy there
anyway.. I think)

Richard