[Qgis-developer] qgis on iPad

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Dec 22 10:04:48 EST 2011

 Hi Patrick,

 unless iOS changes it's license policy, this won't happen. iOS and GPL
 are incompatible.

 You'd better ask Santa for an Android or WebOS based tablet ... even
 Windows would be better than iOS in this respect.

 iOS users need to be aware that they limit themselves in software
 choice. I would never buy an iPhone or iPad for that reason.

 Andreas

 On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:12:19 +0100, Patrice Vetsel wrote:
> Is it possible to imagine, one day, a version of QGIS running on the
> iPad?
> Should I apply to Santa? There is still time ;)
>
> Best regards to all devs
>
> Patrice Vetsel

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A