[Qgis-developer] qgis on iPad

Mars Sjoden marsofearth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 07:01:26 EST 2011

*shrug* ultimately it is up to the developers.

As far as I can tell GPL'd code is perfectly compatible with iOS.
The VideoLan Organization seems perfectly happy to offer VLC for iOS under
GPL
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-ios.html

 There seems to be some dispute over the App Store License agreement with
respect to the 5 device limit and digital rights management and
compatibility with GPL,
although it seems more of a philosophical dispute.

Besides, not sure there is any reason except for advertising and marketing
to actually put QGIS in the App Store.

mars