[Qgis-developer] blocking tickets

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Dec 23 13:38:07 EST 2011

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Should we use the "Immediate" category [see
>> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues/report] for this, or add a new one?
>
> See e.g. the bug gravity and explanations in Debian:
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities
> Should we adopt/adapt these, and have their explanation ready for the user?

Paolo, Giovanni,

first THANKS! For squashing/cleaning up the buglist. The 'activity' list
on hub is impressing :-)

About the bug gravity etc.

My opinion: keep it simple.

We already have 5 classes, which is ok I would think. Let say 'urgent'
and 'immediate' are .... urgent and immediate == blockers.

(and assigning a gravity to a bug is subjective anyway)

I think the best thing to handle this is the way you did today (and
earlier in time: 'just do it: clean up the list). Thanks!

Richard