[Qgis-developer] What is the C++ Plugin writing Workflow?

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 06:07:50 EST 2011

Hello Devs,

In connection with the previous announcement that, I am planning to build
the Heatmap plugin and people suggesting that I use C++ for it so that it
gets native support, I have a few doubts regarding this.

Firstly what exactly is the workflow? My rudimentary understanding is that,
C++ plugins are shipped with the software. So I need to create a folder for
my plugin inside the Quantum-GIS/src/plugins/ folder and write my code
inside that folder, and compile the entire Quantum-GIS for errors.

I think I am wrong, because, one cannot compile the entire codebase just to
verify errors in 5 or 6 files. So how exactly is it done?

I have been hunting around the web and the hub.qgis for this info, for
about 2 days. Most docs talk about the Qgis 0.8 era development only.

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic
Website: http://arunmozhi.in
IRC Nick: teco