[Qgis-developer] plugin autopackaging scripts

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Dec 28 14:09:31 EST 2011

I had made a note a while back that this could be a function of the
plugins site (the django part). Where a plugin author could go to the
page for their plugin and there would be a button to package the plugin
from repo, where it defaults to the current repo state but optionally
lets the author pick a specific tag to package. There could be a check
box to do it automatically based on commit but that is likely more
complicated. Personally I also dislike the complete auto solution
because in my workflow 1 commit does not equal a release, in fact
sometimes it's 10+ commits before a feature or bug is fixed and the in
between states are not usable. I always tag when something is usable for
release.

An alternate approach is to clean up an api on the plugins site that
lets various tools push a release to it. Then various desktop apps (a
plugin perhaps) or post commit scripts could be used to push the release
to the website.

Thanks,
Alex