[Qgis-developer] DXF Import

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Feb 3 09:47:48 EST 2011

 Hi Patrice,

 Are you aware that OGR has improved a lot in the past regarding DXF?
 QGIS has to follow up in separating the geometry types, supporting OGR
 feature styles, supporting blocks, etc. It is possible.

 Would you (or your employer or client) be able to sponsor this effort
 or join the financing? We are soon meeting in Switzerland and will be
 discussing the dxf issue. It is important for us as well. But my
 employer already paid quite a bit for the OGR improvements. It would be
 nice if someone else would step in for the QGIS part, financially. I
 also know that the city of Thun would also be interested.

 Andreas

 On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:52:40 +0100, Patrice Vetsel wrote:
> I think that dxf import could be greatly enhanced. I'v played with
> french cadastre (edigeo -> converted using topocad -> dxf).
>
> Here are the same file opened with autocad lt
> http://www.kagou.fr/dxf/dxf-autocad.jpg
> and with qgis 1.6
> http://www.kagou.fr/dxf/dxf-qgis.jpg
>
> Regards