[Qgis-developer] Defining GRASS Default Region

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Feb 4 02:32:16 EST 2011

Il giorno gio, 03/02/2011 alle 16.19 +0100, Agustin Lobo ha scritto:

> As the current QGIS extent does not exactly match any layer (even if
> you do zoom to layer extent, the actual extent will depend
> on your display also), I think that a button "Define from current QGIS
> layer" in panel Define Default GRASS Region could be most useful.
> Let me know your opinions before I fill a ticket with this wish

Hi Agus.
I agree, that would be useful. Even more useful would be to drop the
Location/Mapset issue altogether, using on-the-fly locations.
There are several options to to this, including using WPS.
The real problem is that no user is investing in the plugin, and no
developer is regularly working on it (we at Faunalia do just occasional
fixes, the major improvements being those done during tha latest
hackfest).
Any taker?
All the best.
--