[Qgis-developer] Google Summer of Code

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Tue Feb 15 11:27:05 EST 2011

Hi Everybody,
I'm Marco Bernasocchi, a GIS Master student at the University of Zurich.
Some of you have already met me on IRC and helped me a lot keeping up my
work with Globe Plug-in (I help Pirmin Kalberer as part of my master
Thesis), others haven't thus this mail.

End of April is my deadline for my master thesis, and thereafter I would
like to keep on contributing to Qgis, that is why I thought about trying
to take part to Google Summer of Code.
I've already discussed some ideas in IRC like adding a 3D viz library to
Qgis but I'm still open for more options and foremost I'd like to
propose something that the community really needs/wants.

So if you feel that there is a specific feature that is needed/wanted by
you/the community please let me know so that I can prepare a relevant
proposal.

thanks a lot

Marco Bernasocchi
--
www.bernawebdesign.ch/
www.bernawebdesign.ch/byteblog

02/02/2011 09:56 AM, Anne Ghisla wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 08:28 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> GSoC has started: http://www.google-melange.com
>> Any plans for it yet?
>
> Hello Paolo, list,
>
> OSGeo will apply soon as mentoring organisation. I'll notify the list
> about updates, and suggest to keep an eye on the timeline:
> http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/timeline
>
>> I would propose Giuseppe Sucameli as a potential applicant.
>
> Great! For GUIseppe (:P) and all would-be students, these are the
> requirements:
> http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs#who
>
> If you need clarification, feel free to ask in #gsoc channel on
> freenode.
> I look forward for a wide QGIS participation!
>
> Cheers all,
> Anne

Marco Bernasocchi
www.bernawebdesign.ch