[Qgis-developer] Bringing diagrams into labeling-ng

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Feb 15 16:01:35 EST 2011

Hi

As with Juergen, I don't have much insight into the code, but the
principle sounds great to me and it would be nice to be able to
interactively place the diagrams as you have done with labels. How
would the diagram's placement be persisted? In the same way as labels
using a specified columns? Some users have requested that label
placement could work like E$RI where the labels can be turned into
graphics and placement is stored in the project file (or whatever the
ESRI equivalent of that is) - so that you don't need to have write
access to the dataset.

Anyway +1 from me, I look forward to your improvements!

Regards

Tim

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> On Tue, 15. Feb 2011 at 10:16:06 +0100, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
>> Therefore I'm proposing a change to QgsPalLabeling. To make the system more
>> extensible, it would be good to have QgsPalGeometry as an abstract base class
>> and derive QgsPalLabelGeometry from it (and diagram specific classes later
>> too). Each QgsPalGeometry would implement size calculation and drawing in its
>> specific way.
>>
>> Any objections or better ideas?
>
> Not much insight in that here, but sounds nice to me.  +1
>

> Jürgen
>
> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden               http://www.norbit.de
>
> --
> norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net