[Qgis-developer] Google summer of code - Qgis and OTB

Manuel GRIZONNET manuel.grizonnet at cnes.fr
Wed Feb 16 04:14:57 EST 2011

Hi all,

following the discussion on the list yesterday about Google Summer of
Code 2011. I'm asking if you could find interesting to submit a join
project between Quantum GIS and the Orfeo Toolbox :
www.orfeo-toolbox.org.  OTB is targeting remote sensing image processing
(mainly very high resolution).

There were some developments in the past to bring some OTB
functionnalities inside qgis. After discussion during the foss4g
conference, developments were doneto increase interactions between these
2 softwares.
For now all new OTB command line interfaces can be wrap automatically as
a QGIS plugin.

There are still some improvments to do (also to facilitate the ergonomy
of this plugin). I don't know if the kind of subject could be
interesting for GSC 2011...

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Manuel