[Qgis-developer] Re: New Symbology : merge borders on nodes for lines

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 07:33:52 EST 2011

2011/2/17 Carson Farmer <carson.farmer at gmail.com>

> Perhaps 'Symbol layer ordering' or simply 'layer order'?

I dislike "layer order" as it is confusing : do we speak of layers from the
canvas ? Or "style" layers ?
For me we should use the term "layer" in Qgis only for vector and raster
layers

Shouldnt we use a different terme for styles within one vector layer ?
We could name them "substyles"
This way  "Symbol Levels" would become "substyle order"

So correct me if I am wrong, but you can define the order with 2 different
manners :
* A/ use the arrows in [1] (left side of the ui) to change the order of the
different styles
* B/ click on "symbol levels" and change the integers in the table : this
2nd manner overwrite the first, no ?

Am I right ?