[Qgis-developer] New Symbology : merge borders on nodes for lines / OSM

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Thu Feb 17 17:04:06 EST 2011

Hi kimaidou,
You wrote:
> I am trying to use the new symbology to display good looking
OpenStreetMap road data.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one working on this. I spent hours
designing qgis styles for OSM data and creating a patch. You can work on
testing or improving this instead of starting from scratch, see this:
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3222
I am currently writing a tutorial on how to do this, the squeleton of
the tutorial is here:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Using_OpenStreetMap_data
I've just added one sample map on the wiki.
There is a 2 MB limit for the wiki, just ask me  if you want more
samples by private mail [French is fine ;-)], I'll send them.
Mayeul