[Qgis-developer] Autocad DXF and Microstation DGN Save As

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 15:26:14 EST 2011

Hi everyone,
I think the Save Layer As option for dxf and dgn are a little bit confusing
for users.
Some users have asked me "Why does it complain that the dxf can't hold this
field that I really need in the exported file?". I suppose it's because dxf
don't hold fields at al. They should be translated to text data at most.
As these two filetypes are together with other GIS formats people find it
hard to understand the difference.
Could I sugest to remove them from "Save layer as" and try to write an
exporter based on the SVG exporter?
All the best,

--
Mauricio de Paulo