[Qgis-developer] new plugin repo online

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 03:42:55 EST 2011

2011/2/23 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>

> Il giorno mar, 22/02/2011 alle 11.14 -0900, Gary Sherman ha scritto:
> > The site still needs some work and is not ready for general use. I can
> publish your plugin but until all plugins are migrated and the official repo
> changed over, it won't be visible to the plugin installer in qgis.
>
> Thanks Gary.
> Who is working on this? Who is leading? What is still missing? I can
> help if necessary. I think publishing it is a priority.
> We should also prepare a short howto for plugin developers to learn how
> to use the new site.

Paolo,

a few documentation notes are available here:
https://github.com/qgis/qgis-django/blob/master/qgis/plugins/docs/introduction.rst

Specifications that I used while developing are here:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/PluginRepository

the "plugins" application is only one of the planned applications on
plugins.qgis.org, that's why the default page doesn't point to a plugin list
view (this can be easily changed, of course).

Unfortunately, the CSS restyling that has been recently done, mostly broke
the (basic-but-working) styles that I used while developing the plugins app.
 I would suggest to whom is working on CSS that he/she would check all the
applications when changing something.

I would be happy to participate to the next meeting in Lisbon to work on
this new plugins site, I just would need some financial support to cover
accomodation and travel expenses.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it