[Qgis-developer] When a code freeze?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Feb 25 15:43:30 EST 2011

Hi

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Sergey Yakushev <yakushevs at list.ru> wrote:

> Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:33:38 +0200 письмо от Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com>:
>

>> > Can you make it
>> > work in some default way so that configuration of the plugin is not
>> > mandatory?
>
> It isn't good idea, I think. User looks at the the settings window, and understands how the plugin works.

Ok maybe at least just popup the settings dialog then.

Also I think the following label changes should be made in that dialog:

Direct direction -> Value for forward direction
Reverse direction -> Value for reverse direction
Both direction -> Value for two-way direction

Maybe it would also be good to make those combos where you pick the
value rather than text box where the user needs to know the values a
priori.

Regards

Tim

>> > Thanks for this awesome tool!
>> >

>> Oh one other suggestion is just to have an hourglass or progress bar
>> so the user understands that it is busy calculating!
>
> I thought about it. Many people tell me about it. I will do it to release qgis.
> It is "fix GUI before code freeze".
>
>> Thanks again!
>
> --
> С уважением Якушев Сергей yakushevs at list.ru