[Qgis-developer] GDAL Version inside qgis python API

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:43:02 EST 2011

Nice!
Now I can see that there is a report on the same about with the real gdal
number.
Great! I've tested again and now wktraster plugin works on windows!
I'm going to do some tests with non-standard files now.
Best regards,
Mauricio

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Maurício,
>
> On Mon, 03. Jan 2011 at 16:36:59 -0200, Maurício de Paulo wrote:
> > Now i've looked at gdal_tools code and it calls the module gdal and
> checks
> > it's version. Seems odd to know that the module and qgis doesn't use the
> > same versions on a OSGeo4W installation.
>
> > On my laptop qgis reports (on the about screen) gdal 1.5.3 and
> python-gdal
> > reports 1.7.3.
>
> The output in the about screen is wrong.  QGIS uses 1.7 on OSGeo4W.
>
> But if you install both gdal and gdal17 the about box will pickup the gdal
> include from the 1.5 directory - just a cosmetic issue.
>

> > Is there any way to get to know what kind of files does qgis open as
> raster?
>
> You mean which DLLs it's linked against?  Checkout dependencywalker[1].
>

> Jürgen
>

> [1] http://www.dependencywalker.com/
>
> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
>
> --
> norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

Mauricio de Paulo
Engenheiro Cartografo
MapeandoOBrasil <http://mapeandoobrasil.blogspot.com>