[Qgis-developer] Writing new sip files

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:45:02 EST 2011

Hi Nathan

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I thought this would be a relatively easy thing to do but I seem to be
> failing somewhere.

well, usually it's simple, though many times sip doesn't report errors
in a friendly way, so it's easy to get stuck.

> I'm having some trouble creating a new sip file to expose the GPS stuff to
> python.  I have made a sip file to wrap the GPS detector and added it the
> core.sip via %Include qgsgpsdetector.sip but I get a error when running
> Make. My qgsgpsdetector.sip and the make error can be found here
> http://osgeo.codepad.org/kS63mqND
> Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Hmm, looks like you've made a syntax error in the python/core/core.sip
file... I would have to see that one.

Generally the easiest way how to get more classes wrapped is to tell me :-)
Before wrapping the class I usually try to go through API of the class
and improve it slightly if the class is not very python friendly.

Martin