[Qgis-developer] shapefile viewer

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gista.sk
Mon Jan 10 06:59:53 EST 2011

On 01/10/2011 12:24 PM, Mohammed Rashad wrote:
> I am developing an application to display shapefiles using OGR
> I can open shapefiles using OGR and read the points in it. but for rendering
> it needs some other things. I know I can do this using qgis for my
> application i need only a simple shapefile viewer which read by ogr. can
> anyone help me
>
> I need to know the following:
> 1. what all things I need to do to render a set of points from a given
> shapefile?
> 2. Do I need to work on coordinate transform system?
> 3. If yes how to do it.
> 4. can anyone give me a small example in qt?

Here [1]  I have my small standalone application, which I use as viewing
plugin for PgAdmin. It takes arguments from command line as schema,
table ... to determine which dataset to open. If You replace them to
open shapefiles, You can have what You need.

Do not forget to look to Qgis cookbook.

[1] https://github.com/imincik/QgsPostGIS-Viewer
[2] http://www.qgis.org/pyqgis-cookbook/

--