[Qgis-developer] Python scrpt to join attributes from DBF - ftools is very slow

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 08:28:07 EST 2011

I decided to reduce the number of columns of the csv / dbf file and
use spatialite to do this job. Then, I desired table is dump into a
shapefile.

It works but it took more than a hour to accomplish this task.

The resulting spatialite database is 1.0 GB and the shapefile dbf file
( the dump file) is 522.2 Mb.

My laptop is slow in opening the spatialite but hared time opening the
shapefile.

The data that I am working is country database in village level.

Noli