[Qgis-developer] A roadmap to QGIS 2.0

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jan 18 02:43:10 EST 2011

Thanks Yim for starting a discussion on this crucial issue.
My comments inline.

Il giorno mar, 18/01/2011 alle 08.05 +0200, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> - get rid of old labelling completely

we still have some things to solve in the new labelling; I think of
speed (very low, unacceptable in several cases) and curved labels along
complex lines

> - get rid of old symbology completely

I think we should start documenting what is missing from the new
symbology; I do not think we have a complete list yet

> - merge many of the plugins directly into trunk (north arrow, gps,
> coordinate capture, delimited text, georeferencer, some form of raster
> colours / 1 band raster colour table etc.)

+1!

> - capitalise on the bug fixing work of SunilRaj from kCube so that his
> time is going into stabilising for a 2.0 release

+1

> - show the world that we have reached the next level of maturity and
> functionality

For this I think we should get rid of most crashes, still a bit too
frequent.
> -
>
> As such I would propose the following time line
> (http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Release_Checklists)
>
> Release Checklist 1.7 - Not yet named 	1 April 2011

May I suggest 30 March? ;)

> Any comments? Does this work for others? Any other major additions
> folks think should be in place before QGIS goes out?

I think we need more cleanup than new functionalities.

All the best.
--
http://www.faunalia.it/pc