[Qgis-developer] Re: Raster providers

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 03:36:27 EST 2011

> What about an approach where the out-of-bound values are assigned the last
> value only if reprojection is used (and if the layer does not have a null
> value)?

My two cents, from a user perspective.
We're facing this dilemma with Geotools, where reprojected color mapped
rasters (thorugh SLD) result with borders having the lower color from the
SLD rastersymbolizer. This is a big problem for many users, and we have to
reproject the raster before serving it.
It would be very important to be able to manage nodata values for
out-of-border pixels, to be able to manage transparency and avoid those ugly
borders...

giovanni