[Qgis-developer] QtTest missing

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Jan 18 10:03:22 EST 2011

On Jan 18, 2011, at 8:46 AM, Barry Rowlingson wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Patrice Vetsel <ubuntu at kagou.fr> wrote:
>
>>     from PyQt4.QtTest import *
>>   File
>> "/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py",
>> line 279, in _import
>>     mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
>> ImportError: No module named QtTest
>
>> How can I install the module named QtTest ?
>
> It should be part of your PyQt4 installation - how old is that?
>
> Looking at Gatherer.py, it does this:
>
> from PyQt4.QtCore import *
> from PyQt4.QtGui import *
> from PyQt4.QtXml import *
> from PyQt4.QtTest import *
>
> so it's hard to tell if it does actually use anything from QtTest -
> its the unit testing framework. Try deleting the QtTest import line
> from that file, and also from GpsDaemon.py, and it might just work.
> Possibly the author has just cut n pasted his default boilerplate
> Python code for working with Qt.
>
> Hopefully you've got the rest of the PyQt4 stuff...

OK, now I do remember seeing QtTest in the source - only for when tests are enabled in the build, so I won't be packaging an update.  As Barry speculates, it's probably not needed by the plugin, so try deleting that line.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying, fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan