[Qgis-developer] dxf read

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:24:42 EST 2011

On 01/25/2011 08:14 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I checked today, and I saw that reading DXF through gdal 1.7 works
> reasonably well. Wouldn't it be better then to drop the dxf2shape
> plugin, who has no maintainer and a few bugs?
> All the best.
+1 from me ...
I think its always better to have only ONE good working function than
several approaches that do not work well at all ..
if gdal works well in reading and writing(!!!) dxf i would drop dxf2shp
in favor of gdal ...
BUT that can happen only at that time when every distribution or ships
gdal in a reasonable version (1.7 in this case) which IMHO is not at
this time .. so please postpone that as long as (for my purposes debian)
does not have gdal 1.7 in the main distribution (current stable ships
1.5.2-3).

kind regards
Werner