[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Announcing RoadGraph plugin

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 18:04:35 EST 2011

What I meant for topology is that one can set a snapping tolerance different
than the snapping tolerance.
For instance, someone would like to snap with 100m so it's easier for the
person to identify the features. But this same person has a pretty well
constrained dataset and it should use topology tolerance of 1m. So sometimes
it's a good thing that the topology tolerance and the snapping tolerance are
not equal.

For topology tolerance I mean the maximum distance between two points for
the system to understand them as one point only.
Usually it depends on the data's mapping scale.
IMHO it would be desirable for roadgraph to use a tolerance for the
endpoints also. This way users could work even with a dataset not so well
built. What do you guys think?
Best regards,
Mauricio de Paulo

MapeandoOBrasil <http://mapeandoobrasil.blogspot.com>