[Qgis-developer] CMake cleanup and OS X frameworks

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 20:38:53 EDT 2011

> Personally, I'd love to see the menus get cleaned up so that qgis
> looks/feels/acts more like a mac application on mac platforms. This is a
> problem that arose sometime after 1.4 or 1.5, but it is now becoming more
> than a distraction. Multiple, redundant (you like that irony?) menu items,
> disorganized menu structures, Help menu not last in the menu bar, etc.

John, probably you can make a mock up on the menu structure for QGIS
Mac OS X and post the URL link so everybody can see. Then, we can
customise QGIS for Mac OS X to our linking.

Tim has good info how to use the qtcreator with qgis which make UI
easier to manupulate.

http://linfiniti.com/2011/06/using-qtcreator-with-qgis/

I for one would like to resurrect my nkids icon set for QGIS and I
think QGIS for Mac OS X needs bit of crystal icons i.e. glossy icon
sets.

Noli