[Qgis-developer] Re: forum.qgis.org

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Wed Jul 6 03:47:11 EDT 2011

Marco thinks that the community members who take care of the forum could
decide such a change. But it is always possible to send a mail to the PSC list
and ask for their view. Since Gary didn't step into the discussion and it's
"his" forum, I would suggest that Anita sends a mail to the PSC list.
The technical tasks would be
-posting an info message to the forum
-make the forum read-only
-Update qgis.org pages to point to gis.stackexchange
-Optional: Changing the DNS entry for forum.qgis.org

Regards
Pirmin

<cavallini at faunalia.it>wrote:
> > Il 05/07/2011 11:26, Pirmin Kalberer ha scritto:
> > > I've played a bit with gis.stackexchange and think it's really a good
> >
> > idea to
> >
> > > use it.
> > > Instead of forum.qgis.org we could use
> > > http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/qgis
> > > as starting point.
> >
> > +1 for me.
> >
> > > IMHO there is no realistic solution with *one* login. Migrating forum
> > > and
> >
> > wiki
> >
> > > would reduce logins by one or two (depending whether the user has an
> >
> > OpenID
> >
> > > login). According to the docs, Joomla also supports LDAP logins
> > > (http://docs.joomla.org/LDAP), so OSGEO logins could used there, too.
> >
> > Anything simpler is better.
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
http://www.sourcepole.com