[Qgis-developer] Re: Fwd: [Qgis-user] QgsVectorLayer causes "Failed to load" error

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Jul 7 03:47:20 EDT 2011

Hi

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:55 AM, leonidas <leonidas_liakos at yahoo.gr> wrote:
> I'm trying to run the following example:
> http://desktopgisbook.com/Creating_a_Standalone_GIS_Application_1
> http://desktopgisbook.com/Creating_a_Standalone_GIS_Application_1
> I set *qgis_prefix = "/usr/local"*
> but the script gives me the same error ("Failed to load ") at layer =
> QgsVectorLayer("mydata.shp", "mydata", "ogr")
> My current sub-directories in /usr/local are:

Where did you install QGIS to? If you installed from a package, your
prefix is probably /usr . Look for libqgis_core.so on your system - it
will give you an indication of what your application prefix is. e.g.

locate libqgis_core.so

Regards

>   .
>   |-bin
>   |-etc
>   |-games
>   |-include
>   |-lib
>   |---python2.7
>   |-----dist-packages
>   |-----site-packages
>   |---site_ruby
>   |-----1.8
>   |-------i686-linux
>   |-sbin
>   |-share
>   |---ca-certificates
>   |---fonts
>   |---man
>   |---ppd
>   |---sgml
>   |-----declaration
>   |-----dtd
>   |-----entities
>   |-----misc
>   |-----stylesheet
>   |---xml
>   |-----declaration
>   |-----entities
>   |-----misc
>   |-----schema
>   |-src
>  I also set qgis_prefix  to */usr/share* and* /usr/lib* but it also failed.

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net