[Qgis-developer] Rethinking the testing and release procedure of QGIS

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Jul 7 15:12:07 EDT 2011

Hi

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 07/07/2011 16:21, Martin Dobias ha scritto:
>
>> some kind of challenge :-) And maybe to have someone who will start
>> shouting when new functionality does not receive tests :-)
>
> right, this seems a crucial role: perhaps the release manager is the right person for
> this?
> all the best.

I'm happy to do it, though as code manager it might make more sense
for  Marco to do it. We should get in the habit of

fork
branch
work
write tests
request for merge
integrate

or something along those lines. When merges are done and all tests are
passing in theory the code should be release ready...

Regards

Tim

> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc