[Qgis-developer] QGIS Processing Framework

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 03:17:09 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 7:46 AM, MALIK Julien <julien.malik at c-s.fr> wrote:

> As I can remember, SAGA has a "gdal/ogr" importer module for inputs, and the
> output should be simple also as the saga file format is supported by gdal.

Since gdal 1.7 saga is indeed supported. And although saga has a
gdal/ogr input module, I think it is a better idea to use qgis to save
to sgrd/sdat or shape rather than letting saga do it: since the file
opened succesfully in qgis, and perhaps some changes were made,
exporting should not cause issues. On the other hand saga might have
problems opening some of these files (I'm not aware of examples - but
at least in theory it makes sense).

Johan