[Qgis-developer] Bounty hunting procedure

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Jul 11 06:58:09 EDT 2011

Hi

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 12:02:42AM +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
>> - Factor on between 15 and 50 euros per bug fix as a guideline for how
>> many bugs can be fixed with your donation.
>
> You mean assuming there's at least 20 other people donating as much as
> you do ? I can hardly imagine a bugfix (including regress testing)
> costing less than 300EUR.

Those numbers are based on discussions with Paolo at the Lisbon
hackfest - the idea being to clear away all the papercuts / low
hanging fruit first. As the complexity increases, the bounties will no
doubt go up. If I recall, the idea was also to provide a small
incentive for students / new developers to get involved with the
project. Paolo can comment further. So yes 15EUR won't cover bug #9999
'please rewrite all providers in .net' but I don't think that was the
intention.

Regards

Tim

> --strk;
>
>  ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
>  /\   http://strk.keybit.net/services.html

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux