[Qgis-developer] Packaging QGIS in RHEL/Scientific Linux

"Volker Fröhlich" volker27 at gmx.at
Mon Jul 11 07:09:37 EDT 2011

There is a Fedora package for QGIS 1.7 in the updates-testing repository. The easiest way is to use the spec file of this package and adapt it to your needs.

Nevertheless, Red Hat and EPEL both fail to provide PyQwt and GRASS for version 5. Version 6 should have all necessary dependencies, besides GRASS.

You may also want to take a look at ELGIS. ELGIS will usually adapt Fedora's package, but it will take a couple more weeks for QGIS.

Volker

-------- Original-Nachricht --------