[Qgis-developer] Provider native raster band stats

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Jul 11 18:04:08 EDT 2011

Hi

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> I'm not a raster guru, but the changes look good to me.
> +1 for merging.

Thanks for your feedback Marco. I guess I'll write some unit tests
(wrong way around I know :-) ) and then merge it if they all pass and
there are no other objections. :-)

Regards

Tim

> Regards,
> Marco
>
> Am Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2011, 00.47:25 schrieb Tim Sutton:
>> Hi
>>
>> During the Lisbon hackfest (between all those meetings!) I worked on
>> updating the raster providers to be able to generate stats themselves.
>> The raster provider base class has a default (and historically
>> inefficient as we all know) implementation for collecting stats by
>> walking over every cell in the raster twice. This method remains, but
>> the providers can now supply stats themselves (heopfully using more
>> efficient mechanisms). I have implemented gdal native stats already.
>> Over the last few weeks I did some further testing and cleanups to
>> this work. From my testing some of my worst case files opened in
>> ~1minute rather than ~8+ minutes. It would be great if interested
>> parties could test (details below) before I put it into master.
>>
>> git remote add timlinux git://github.com/timlinux/Quantum-GIS.git
>> git fetch timlinux
>> git branch --track timlinux raster-stats
>> git checkout raster-stats
>>
>> I look forward to your feedback.
>>
>> Regards
>

> --
> Dr. Marco Hugentobler
> Sourcepole -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
> Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland
> marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch http://www.sourcepole.ch
> Technical Advisor QGIS Project Steering Committee

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net