[Qgis-developer] Curved line in QGIS, how i can anticipate CIRCULARSTRING SQL-MM3 specification in QGIS?

reyman reyman64 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:00:02 EDT 2011

Hello devs,

I'm working on a project to draw simple arc/curves lines to represent (a lot
of ) flow between two points.
I think it's a good idea to use the new geometry type "CIRCULARSTRING"
implemented in Postgis to store/edit the arc/curve, one problem ...
QGIS can't actually draw curved lines...

Actually here my few and poor idea to resolve this problem :

> I use Stefan Ziegler QGIS plugin CADTOOLS to compute and draw any WKT
using the CIRCULARSTRING geometry type, with few point to limit the
complexity of polylines generated

> I'm waiting for the next QGIS dev version, because it seems developper
want to implement this function ( cf QGIS Developer Meeting in Zurich
2011<http://www.qgis.org/wiki/6._QGIS_Developer_Meeting_in_Zurich_2011>or
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/KCube-developer )

> I'm trying to develop (in python or it's only possible in C++ ?) a new
drawing extension which implement one function to draw pure bezier or simple
arc with CIRCULARSTRING geometry in input ?

So QGIS dev, what's your opinion about that, or your next plan if you have a
roadmap to implement these functionnality ?
If you want to develop this functionnality in this summer, i'm ok to help
and debug the code with you ...

Ps: i have post a question in gis stackexchange,  but no answer actually ...

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/12007/how-i-can-draw-or-edit-curved-lines-in-free-gis

*Thanks a lot GIS community*
SR.

--